Equality Objectives - 2021
In order to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set the following objectives:
Objective 1: To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by gender, race, socio-economic background and disability and act on any identified patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
Objective 2: To develop our curriculum offer to:
- promote a positive self-image for all and to respect individuality, providing for all pupils according to their needs
- ensure equality of opportunity characterises the curriculum and ethos of the school
- deliver our curriculum whilst ensuring it contains non-stereotypical images in order to overcome preconceived ideas of gender, ethnic origin, culture or religion
- include in resources: books, materials and equipment that are multicultural and non-sexist, providing positive images of all groups
- ensure that the organisation of the school is sensitive to the needs of all
- acknowledge the richness and diversity of the Dallas Road Community and British Society and to help prepare children for their part in that society
- promote cultural diversity and understanding through a variety of experiences, both in and beyond the school.
Objective 3: To assess levels of pupil engagement in enrichment opportunities to promote equity and fairness in access and engagement.